In order to begin this process, immigrant families must have received a letter (I-130, I -797 Embassy request letter or email) from either an Embassy, USCIS or, Passport Agency requesting your family to submit evidence proving a biological relationship. One of the options that may be provided is DNA testing.
– If you choose to perform a DNA test please contact us at 646-383-9778 to coordinate your DNA sample collection appointment.
– After all of the information is processed by the laboratory. The lab will ship a DNA test kit to the Embassy on your behalf.
– International DNA tests have an average turnaround time of 6-8 weeks sometimes longer.
– Once all samples are collected, The samples will be shipped back to the DNA laboratory to analyzed.
– Upon completion, you will be notified immediately and copy of your result will be sent to the requesting immigration office (USCIS or Embassy) by the accredited laboratory. A copy will also be mailed out to your home.
Please note: If all parties that live here in the U.S. the turnaround time for processing is a lot faster. Turnaround time for results to be completed is 2-3 business days for the date the laboratory receives all samples.
DNA Testing is used for immigration scenarios as an option to submit evidence to immigration. This option suggested when an immigrant family fails to submit sufficiently primary evidence.
DNA Testing for immigration purposes is currently not a requirement. Immigration normally provides DNA testing as an option as opposed to a requirement but it is considered as the strongest form of evidence to prove a biological relationship between two or more family members.
The cost of a DNA test for the purposes of immigration evidence submission will vary depending on the country all parties reside or, whether or not the participants live in the same state or two different states. Please call 646-383-9778 to inquire about your specific DNA relationship testing situation.
Receiving a visa for some families can be a long process. Unfortunately, there is no set time frame for a person to receive their visa. Over the years, families we assisted with the DNA testing evidence submission portion of the process have stated. They have received their visa on average of 60 days after immigration received their DNA test result.
Please keep in mind, USCIS backlogs during certain times of years may also be the reason for the delay in receiving your visas. It is important that you contact immigration to inquire about the status of your visa if you have been waiting longer than usual.
If you require DNA testing for the purposes of submitting evidence to USCIS or an Embassy. Please do not hesitate to contact our office today at 646-383-9778 for an appointment.