Is immigration DNA testing mandatory?
As we currently understand it, performing a DNA test and submitting it as evidence to immigration is not mandatory. But, immigration (USCIS, Passport Agencies and, Embassies) highly recommend that your family utilizes this option. Remember, DNA testing is currently the best option to provide proof of determining a biological relationship between a parent and a child that an immigrant family can submit as evidence to immigration.
Performing a DNA test for immigration purposes is a recommended option that immigration officers provide families who lack submitting their primary evidence. In the future, DNA testing in the future may be a mandatory part of the process but for now, it is a strongly suggested option from immigration.
Related Immigration DNA Questions:
How does the immigration DNA testing process work?
Below is a brief outline of what you can expect to experience going through this process.
1. Make sure you have received a letter requesting additional evidence like i-130 form from USCIS.
2. Contact our office to coordinate an appointment to have your DNA samples collected.
3. The laboratory will ship a DNA test kit to Embassy if you have a family member living abroad. Otherwise
4. Once the lab receives the DNA samples associated with your case. The samples will be processed and analyzed. Turnaround time for your result will be 2-3 business days.
5. Upon completion a copy of your result. A copy will be mailed to the requesting immigration office (USCIS, Passport Agency or Embassy) and a copy will be mailed to your home.
Will my DNA test result be accepted by immigration?
Yes. All DNA tests will be processed and analyzed under the strict supervision of AABB Accredited Relationship Testing Parentage Laboratory.
How much does a immigration DNA test cost?
There is no standard price for an immigration DNA test. The cost of your DNA test will be determine by how many people are involved with the DNA test and where they are located. If you would like to learn more about DNA relationship testing for the purposes of immigration please contact our office today at 646-383-9778 to get started.
Where can I get a DNA test done near me?
Simple, just contact our office today at 646-383-9778 and please allow one of our DNA relationship testing consultants the opportunity to assist you with immigration DNA testing needs today.